How Long Do You Cook Smithfield Spiral Ham?
Preheat oven to 325F. Remove all contents of the package and place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up; cover loosely with aluminum foil. 2. Heat for 15 to 20 minutes per pound until cooked through.
What’s the best way to cook Smithfield spiral ham without drying out
Spiral Ham: How to Cook It Without Drying It
- Remove the spiral ham from the packaging and set aside the liquid.
- To prevent the pan from drying out, pour the juice from the packet to the bottom.
- Wrap the spiral ham in foil tightly so that no steam escapes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and position rack in center.
How do you prepare pre-cooked Smithfield ham
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a shallow roasting pan.
- Half and quarter ham should be cooked evenly (face down). Cook the whole ham with the fat side up.
- The aluminum foil should be wrapped tightly around the pan.
- Bake at 275F for 15 minutes per pound, or until cooked through (see chart).
- Make sure you don’t overcook! Remove the ham from the oven and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
If you want to add glass, follow the additional glass instructions. And, to make sure your ham is roasted to perfection, use this handy formula to determine cooking times based on the size and weight of your ham. It’s very important not to overcook the ham in the oven, or it will become dry instead of runny. So watch the video, double-check your chart, and serve up an amazing spiral-sliced ham every time.
How long should I cook pre-cooked spiral ham
- This ham is very cold, but the packaging includes instructions for reheating it. Place the cut ham side down on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 140F. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. It has a wonderful sweet taste and an ideal texture.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound ham
Cooking Temperature and Time for Cooked Ham with Bones: If the ham is half a ham weighing 5 to 7 pounds, it should be heated at 325F for 18-24 minutes per pound. Heat the ham at 325F for 15-18 minutes per pound if the full ham weighs 10 to 14 pounds.
How long does it take to cook a 9 pound spiral ham
- Collect ham. Remove all packaging, including the plastic disc at the bottom of the ham, if you are wondering how to cook spiral ham. Cover the roasted spiral ham tightly with foil or a lid in a 9″ x 13″ glass pan or similar shallow roasting pan.
- Add to preheated oven.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or about 10 minutes per pound of ham.
- Prepare the glaze.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a quick boil, stirring frequently, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the ham is cooked, glaze it.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes before brushing or pouring the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To finish, return to the oven.
- Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until the glaze is slightly crisp and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F at its thickest.
- Let it rest.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing the ham.
- Just before serving, spoon the liquid over the ham.
What’s the best way to keep spiral ham wet while cooking
Use the time guide that came with the ham if you don’t have a probe thermometer; However, it will not be that accurate. This calculator can’t take into account all other factors, such as the size and shape of the meat, the actual temperature of your oven, and how clean your oven is (burnt trash in your oven can affect cooking times).
The second step in making moist spiral ham is wrapping it in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
If you want to use a glaze, either homemade or packaged, do so with foil in the last 15-20 minutes of cooking.
What’s the best way to reheat cooked ham without drying out
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the cut ham side down on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
How long does it take to cook a 13 pound spiral ham
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the box and, if your ham has a small plastic disc stuck to the bottom of the bone, remove it and throw it away. Place the cut side of the ham in a small roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350F and bake ham for 13-16 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 140F.
How long does a 10 pound spiral ham take to cook at 350 degrees
How long does it take to bake ham? Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
How long does it take to cook an 11 pound spiral ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange zest, 1/4 cup orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up enough aluminum foil to wrap around the ham completely and place it in the center. Peel back layers of ham and insert sprigs of thyme between each layer of spirals. Pour half the glaze over the ham slices and let it soak. Wrap the ham tightly in foil and place it on the rack in the roasting pan. Fill the pan half way with water and bake for 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the remaining half of the glaze to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir until small bubbles appear everywhere. As the glaze sits, it will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Carefully peel back the aluminum foil from the top using tongs, leaving the foil on the sides and under the ham to catch the glaze and juices. Cover the ham with the remaining glaze and return to the oven, uncovered, for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool before cutting.