How Long Does a 13 Lb Ham Bake?
Add the ham glaze for the last 20 minutes of cooking if using.
How long does it take to bake a 13 pound ham
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and set aside for 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Select the glaze you want to use.
- For Apple-Maple Glaze, reduce apple cider to 1/2 cup in a saucepan over medium-high heat, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add apple jelly, maple syrup, mustard, allspice, and nutmeg, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, orange zest, and juice for Mustard-Orange Glaze.
- To make Hoisin-Spice Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, roast the five-spice powder for 1 minute in peanut oil. 1 cup water, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce 5 minutes after boiling, reduce to 1 1/2 cups.
- To make the Pineapple-Apricot Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a saucepan, combine lime juice, ginger, and pineapple juice. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Once strained, combine lime zest, preserved apricots, and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove excess skin from the ham. Score the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with a sharp paring knife without cutting the meat. Place the cloves (if using) at the junction of the ham pieces (if using).
- In a roasting pan, place the ham flat-sided on a rack. Pour 1/4 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 130F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the half glaze over the ham to coat it. Add extra water if the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated.
- Return the ham to the oven and continue baking for another 45 minutes, brushing every 10 minutes with the remaining glaze.
How long and at what temperature should a 13 pound ham be cooked
Cooking Temperature and Time for Cooked Ham with Bones: If the ham is half a ham weighing 5 to 7 pounds, it should be heated at 325F for 18-24 minutes per pound. Heat the ham at 325F for 15-18 minutes per pound if the full ham weighs 10 to 14 pounds.
Is it better to roast ham at 325F or 350F
The ideal oven temperature for cooking ham is 325 degrees Fahrenheit. The USDA provides detailed advice on how long cooked ham should be cooked. This guide provides instructions on how to prepare it fresh, as well as a recommended temperature of 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, it is possible to cook ham at 350F. However, at higher temperatures, it takes a different amount of time.
How long does it take to cook a 13.5 pound ham
Most of the hams you’ll find in stores are city hams (wet preserved), as opposed to country hams (dried cured and usually served raw). Whole or half country hams should be soaked due to their high salt content. The longer you soak the ham, the less salty it will taste. Cook your ham at 400 degrees F until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F after soaking and boiling.
How long does a 12 pound ham take to cook
A 12-pound ham will take about three and a half to four hours to bake, or 18 to 20 minutes per pound. Start checking the interior temperature as early as possible. Ham is done when it reaches 160 degrees F.
At 350 degrees, how long does it take to cook ham
How long does it take to bake ham? Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
What’s the best way to reheat cooked ham without drying out
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the cut ham side down on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Can I cook ham at 375 degrees
- Bring the undercooked, fully cooked ham to room temperature (don’t use country ham). Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the skin of the ham but leave the fat on the ham. Cut the fat in a crosshatch pattern with 3/4-inch deep slices 1-inch apart. In a roasting pan, place the ham flat-sided on a rack and add 1 cup water. Bake for 40 minutes on the lowest oven rack, adding extra water if the pan gets dry. Meanwhile, make the glaze: 1 cup marmalade or marmalade, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce stirred together in a mixing bowl. Spread half the glaze over the ham, cover with foil, and bake for another 45 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze and bake for another 40 to 50 minutes, opening lid, until glaze is golden. Allow 15 minutes to rest before cutting.
- Don’t throw away the ham! For added flavor, add to boiling soup, beans, or boiled vegetables.
- To make your ham crunchy, do the following: Before the last 40 to 50 minutes of cooking, sprinkle any of the following ingredients into the glaze.
- HerbMix for Spring 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), 3 tablespoons parsley and chopped scallions, and 1 grated lemon zest
- Cornmeal-ThymeCrush 2 tablespoons chopped thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro, and 1/2 cup cornstarch; toss with 1 cup cornbread filling mixture.
- Grind Spicy Sourdough In a food processor, combine 3 cups diced sourdough bread, 1 tablespoon chili powder, and 1 bunch of chopped scallions.
At what temperature should the ham be baked
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the ham on a rack in a small roasting pan and broil until hot. Allow 15 to 18 minutes per pound for a whole ham, and 18 to 24 minutes per pound for a half. When the ham’s internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s done. To coat the ham, remove it from the oven 30 minutes before it’s cooked and turn the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Except for the collar around the calfbone, remove all the skin. Cut a diamond pattern in the fat at the top of the ham and sprinkle with brown sugar, dry mustard dampened with cider vinegar, prune juice, wine, or ham drippings.