How Long Should I Cook 7 Pound Ham?
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a shallow roasting pan, place the ham on a rack. Allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound for a full 10 to 15 pound ham; 20 minutes per pound for half 57 pounds; or 35 minutes per pound for 34-pound calves or buttocks. Cook uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 160F under all circumstances. Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before cooking and glaze as suggested below for an attractive, quick finish.
What’s the best way to cook a 7 pound cooked ham
- Cooking instructions can be found on the label. Either “fully cooked” or “cook before eating” must be on the label.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking dish, place the ham on a rack and pour about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.
- If the ham is labeled “perfectly cooked” (meaning it doesn’t need to be reheated), preheat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 140 degrees F.
- Place the spirally sliced ham strips on a sheet of heavy-duty foil to heat. Wrap the ham tightly in foil and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer is placed into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone, recording 140 degrees.
- If the ham is labeled “cook before eating,” heat it to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit in an oven set no lower than 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker with about 1 cup ginger ale, cola, stock, or water if available. Heat the ham on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until it reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit for a “cooked” ham or 145 degrees Fahrenheit for a “cooked before eating” ham.
How long does it take to cook 7.5 ham
In the old days, ham was baked in the oven. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes per pound at 300 degrees F. It should cook until the ham’s internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit, regardless of ham size or oven temperature. It is kept moist by covering it with foil during the cooking process. Apply the glaze within the last 30 minutes of baking to ensure the glaze caramelizes rather than burns. Allow 15 minutes for the ham to rest before slicing. About 20 people can be served with half the ham.
How long does a 7.2 pound ham take to cook
Cook for 18-20 minutes per pound for bone-filled smoked ham. Cook 22-25 minutes per pound for half bone smoked ham. Cook 35-40 minutes per pound just for the shank or rump. Cook 30-40 minutes per pound for boneless shoulders or rump. Cook each of these pieces until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, then set aside to rest for at least 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
Is it better to roast ham at 325F or 350F
Cooking Temperature and Time: If the ham is half a ham weighing 5 to 7 pounds, cook at 325F for 18-24 minutes per pound. Heat the ham at 325F for 15-18 minutes per pound if the full ham weighs 10 to 14 pounds.
Is it possible to bake ham at 350 degrees
- Adjust the oven rack to fit the large roasting pan in the oven. A small roasting rack should be placed in the pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and rinse with cold water. In a roasting pan, place on a rack. Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes, covered with foil. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the brown sugar and honey and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is well combined and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the brown sugar glaze over the ham and continue baking for another hour and 40 minutes, brushing at least twice with the roasting drip. (For smaller or larger hams, adjust the overall roasting time to 20 minutes per pound.) Insert a meat thermometer into the area containing the meat (not in the fat or touching the bone) to check for doneness; it should read 160 degrees F.
- Allow 15 minutes for the liquid to settle before slicing the ham. (You can make ham up to 2 hours in advance and serve it at room temperature by wrapping it in foil.)
What’s the best way to reheat cooked ham without drying out
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the cut ham side down on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
How long does it take to cook a cooked ham
According to the USDA, cooked ham should be roasted at 325 degrees for 10 minutes per pound, or up to 145 degrees. If you’re reheating repackaged or leftover ham, make sure it’s at least 165 degrees F.
At 350 degrees, how long does it take to cook ham
When it comes to cooking ham, how long do you need to cook it?
- Bake at 275F for 20 minutes per pound, for a total of 2 to 3 hours OR.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes per pound, for a total of 1 to 2 hours OR.
- Cook on low heat for a total of 4 to 5 hours.
- When the ham reaches an internal temperature of 120F to 140F, the ham is ready.
How long does it take to cook an 8 pound ham
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and set aside for 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Select the glaze you want to use.
- For Apple-Maple Glaze, reduce apple cider to 1/2 cup in a saucepan over medium-high heat, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add apple jelly, maple syrup, mustard, allspice, and nutmeg, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, orange zest, and juice for Mustard-Orange Glaze.
- To make Hoisin-Spice Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, roast the five-spice powder for 1 minute in peanut oil. 1 cup water, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce 5 minutes after boiling, reduce to 1 1/2 cups.
- To make the Pineapple-Apricot Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a saucepan, combine lime juice, ginger, and pineapple juice. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Once strained, combine lime zest, preserved apricots, and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove excess skin from the ham. Score the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with a sharp paring knife without cutting the meat. Place the cloves (if using) at the junction of the ham pieces (if using).
- In a roasting pan, place the ham flat-sided on a rack. Pour 1/4 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 130F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the half glaze over the ham to coat it. Add extra water if the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated.
- Return the ham to the oven and continue baking for another 45 minutes, brushing every 10 minutes with the remaining glaze.
When baking ham, do you cover it with foil
Grilling ham is not as difficult as you might think. I simply put the ham in a roasting pan (or 913) and cover it with a cup of ginger beer and a cup of orange juice. This not only enhances the flavor of the ham, but also helps to keep it juicy as it cooks.
Wrap the foil around the ham or around the pan. Make sure the ham is tightly closed so it doesn’t dry out.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the ham for 15-20 minutes, brushing halfway. When greasing the ham, open the lid, but close it again when you put it back in the oven.