How Long To Cook 10 Pounds Of Ham At 350?
Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound ham
In a roasting pan, place the ham on a rack. Fill the pot halfway with water and cover tightly with a lid or foil. Preheat the oven to 325F and bake for 15 to 18 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 140F. While the ham is cooking, grease it for added moisture and flavor. Unlock hams, score and coat them; increase the heat to 400 degrees F and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the glaze is glossy.
At 350 degrees, how long should I cook ham
- Adjust the oven rack to fit the large roasting pan in the oven. A small roasting rack should be placed in the pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and rinse with cold water. In a roasting pan, place on a rack. Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes, covered with foil. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the brown sugar and honey and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is well combined and the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the brown sugar glaze over the ham and continue baking for another hour and 40 minutes, brushing at least twice with the roasting drip. (For smaller or larger hams, adjust the overall roasting time to 20 minutes per pound.) Insert a meat thermometer into the area containing the meat (not in the fat or touching the bone) to check for doneness; it should read 160 degrees F.
- Allow 15 minutes for the liquid to settle before slicing the ham. (You can make ham up to 2 hours in advance and serve it at room temperature by wrapping it in foil.)
What’s the best way to cook a cooked 10 pound ham
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the chopped ham on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Is it possible to cook spiral ham at 350 degrees
How long does it take to bake ham? Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
How long does an 8 pound ham take to cook at 350 degrees
Raw, or fresh, ham should be fully cooked before serving. Fresh ham is sometimes smoked, but not preserved or salted, and the skin is usually left on. Score the skin in a diamond-shaped pattern before cooking, but be careful not to cut the flesh. Scoring allows fat to smear over the ham as it cooks, and if a glaze is used, it can seep into the meat through the cuts. Place the ham in a roasting pan and season with the following spices: Salt, pepper, garlic, and spices are always a good choice. Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes per pound in 350F oven, or until internal temperature reaches 160F. Throughout the cooking process, grease. For the last 30 minutes, remove the foil. Glaze can be applied at this phase.
How long does it take to cook a 9 pound spiral ham
- Collect ham. Remove all packaging, including the plastic disc at the bottom of the ham, if you are wondering how to cook spiral ham. Cover the roasted spiral ham tightly with foil or a lid in a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish or similar shallow roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or about 10 minutes per pound of ham.
- Prepare the glaze.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a quick boil, stirring frequently, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the ham is cooked, glaze it.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes before brushing or pouring the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To finish, return to the oven.
- Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until the glaze is slightly crisp and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F at its thickest.
- Let it rest.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing the ham.
- Just before serving, spoon the liquid over the ham.
How long does it take to cook a cooked ham
According to the USDA, cooked ham should be roasted at 325 degrees for 10 minutes per pound, or up to 145 degrees. If you’re reheating repackaged or leftover ham, make sure it’s at least 165 degrees F.
How do you know how long to cook ham
We’ll be happy to explain the arithmetic we use to find out how long to roast ham if you’re interested. It is based on one formula. The following formula can be used to determine how long to cook ham:
Please note that we use calculations in our ham cooking time calculator which are based on the average number of minutes it takes for a pound of a particular type of meat to cook. Since this time is usually in the five minute range, slight deviations from your calculation results may occur.
A pound of pre-cooked boneless smoked ham, for example, takes 35 to 40 minutes to prepare. This shows that cooking a pound of these cuts takes an average of (35 + 40)/2 = 37.5 minutes. Let’s say we’re cooking a pound and a half of meat. 1.5 * 37.5 = 56.25 minutes will be required. Of course, in the state of your home kitchen, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to get it down to a fraction of a minute, but “approximately 56 minutes” should suffice. The exact time depends on your oven, which has its own “personality,” so the answer to the question of how long to bake ham will be approximate in most circumstances.
Of course, if you’re a professional chef or food scientist with access to technology that lets you schedule your cooking in seconds, go for it! We can’t help but question what you’re doing here as a professional.
It’s also a good idea to calibrate your oven if you care about precision. Electric ovens often display a slightly different temperature than the actual inside temperature, which can affect cooking times.
A table with more accurate information on how long to cook ham can be found at the end of this page.