How Long to Cook 11 Lb Ham?
Spiral cut hams usually weigh between 8 and 11 pounds and are pre-cooked (make sure your package says pre-cooked). This means that when cooking ham, all you need to do is heat it. The easiest way to do this is to cook it at a low temperature so that the outside doesn’t dry out before the inside is heated.
Use a meat thermometer to reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit and don’t overcook the spiral ham to prevent it from drying out. I usually take it out around 135F and monitor the temperature with a thermometer until it reaches 140F.
The length of time it will take to cook spiral ham depends on its size, but plan for about 13-16 minutes per pound at 250F, uncovered. If your ham cooks early, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly to prevent it from overcooking. Cover with foil once it has cooled a bit and wait for it to cut until ready to serve.
Glass Spiral Ham
If you are coating your ham, such as when making a homemade honey-roasted ham replica, do so at the end to avoid burning it. I always opt for a simple homemade glaze over the glaze that comes with my ham.
Just apply for the last 20 minutes of cooking. To make the glaze nice and sticky, I occasionally turn on the oven or place it under the broiler for a few minutes.
Our Favorite Glaze Recipes:
- Ham Glaze with Brown Sugar
- Ham with Rosemary Balsamic Glaze
- Easy-to-apply glaze:
- brown sugar, 2/3 cup
- quarter cup juice (orange or pineapple is great)
- 2 tbsp mustard (dijon)
How long does it take to cook an 11 pound ham
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and set aside for 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Select the glaze you want to use.
- For Apple-Maple Glaze, reduce apple cider to 1/2 cup in a saucepan over medium-high heat, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add apple jelly, maple syrup, mustard, allspice, and nutmeg, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, orange zest, and juice for Mustard-Orange Glaze.
- To make Hoisin-Spice Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, roast the five-spice powder for 1 minute in peanut oil. 1 cup water, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce 5 minutes after boiling, reduce to 1 1/2 cups.
- To make the Pineapple-Apricot Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a saucepan, combine lime juice, ginger, and pineapple juice. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Once strained, combine lime zest, preserved apricots, and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove excess skin from the ham. Score the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with a sharp paring knife without cutting the meat. Place the cloves (if using) at the junction of the ham pieces (if using).
- In a roasting pan, place the ham flat-sided on a rack. Pour 1/4 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 130F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the half glaze over the ham to coat it. Add extra water if the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated.
- Return the ham to the oven and continue baking for another 45 minutes, brushing every 10 minutes with the remaining glaze.
How long does an 11 pound ham take to cook at 350 degrees
How long does it take to bake ham? Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
How long does it take to heat a fully cooked 11 pound ham
- Cooking instructions can be found on the label. Either “fully cooked” or “cook before eating” must be on the label.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking dish, place the ham on a rack and pour about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.
- If the ham is labeled “perfectly cooked” (meaning it doesn’t need to be reheated), preheat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 140 degrees F.
- Place the spirally sliced ham strips on a sheet of heavy-duty foil to heat. Wrap the ham tightly in foil and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer is placed into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone, recording 140 degrees.
- If the ham is labeled “cook before eating,” heat it to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit in an oven set no lower than 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker with about 1 cup ginger ale, cola, stock, or water if available. Heat the ham on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until it reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit for a “cooked” ham or 145 degrees Fahrenheit for a “cooked before eating” ham.
What’s the best way to cook a cooked 11 pound ham
How to Cook Pre-Cooked Ham
- Remove the ham from its packaging, wrap it in foil, and reheat until ready to serve.
- Depending on the type of ham (whole or half, boneless or boneless), cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound is sufficient.
- These details can be found here).
Is it better to roast ham at 325F or 350F
The ideal oven temperature for cooking ham is 325 degrees Fahrenheit. The USDA provides detailed advice on how long cooked ham should be cooked. This guide provides instructions on how to prepare it fresh, as well as a recommended temperature of 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, it is possible to cook ham at 350F. However, at higher temperatures, it takes a different amount of time.
How long does a 12 pound ham take to cook
A 12-pound ham will take about three and a half to four hours to bake, or 18 to 20 minutes per pound. Start checking the interior temperature as early as possible. Ham is done when it reaches 160 degrees F.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound spiral ham
- Collect ham. Remove all packaging, including the plastic disc at the bottom of the ham, if you are wondering how to cook spiral ham. Cover the roasted spiral ham tightly with foil or a lid in a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish or similar shallow roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or about 10 minutes per pound of ham.
- Prepare the glaze.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a quick boil, stirring frequently, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the ham is cooked, glaze it.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes before brushing or pouring the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To finish, return to the oven.
- Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until the glaze is slightly crisp and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F at its thickest.
- Let it rest.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing the ham.
- Just before serving, spoon the liquid over the ham.
What temperature should a 10 pound ham be cooked at
Cooking Temperature and Time: If the ham is half a ham weighing 5 to 7 pounds, cook at 325F for 18-24 minutes per pound. Heat the ham at 325F for 15-18 minutes per pound if the full ham weighs 10 to 14 pounds.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound ham with bones
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a shallow roasting pan, place the ham on a rack. Allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound for a full 10 to 15 pound ham; 20 minutes per pound for half 57 pounds; or 35 minutes per pound for 34-pound calves or buttocks. Cook uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 160F under all circumstances. Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before cooking and glaze as suggested below for an attractive, quick finish.
What’s the best way to reheat cooked ham without drying out
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the chopped ham on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.