How Long To Cook A 12 Lb Ham In A Crockpot?
We have gathered all the necessary materials. You won’t believe how simple it is to prepare your Christmas meal using just a crockpot to bake ham!
Slow Cook Ham
- Remove the ham from its packaging, remove the plastic cap, glaze, or flavor packet.
- In the bottom of a large slow cooker, pour the pineapple juice.
- To make a paste, combine brown sugar, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Cover the ham with the brown sugar mixture. In your slow cooker, place the ham flat side down.
- Set the crockpot to LOW and close. Cook for 4 to 6 hours, or until the meat is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can flip and baste the ham halfway through the cooking period, then about an hour before cooking, if desired. This step, however, is optional.
Remove the ham from the oven and place on a plate, covered with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the fat and transfer the liquid to the pan from the crockpot. Bring the liquid to a boil in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Stir the cornstarch into the water with a fork in a small bowl until smooth. While stirring, slowly add the porridge to the pot of simmering ham juice. Allow a minute or two for the liquid to boil and thicken, stirring occasionally. (If you want a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch solution and mix.)
- Slice your slow cooker ham and serve warm after resting for about 15 minutes. Serve glaze on the side or spoon on top.
How long does it take to cook a 12 pound ham
Place the ham on the baking sheet and bake in the oven. Calculate how long it will take to cook the ham. A 12-pound ham will take about three and a half to four hours to bake, or 18 to 20 minutes per pound. Start checking the interior temperature as early as possible.
How long does it take to cook a 12.6 pound ham
325 34 to 36 minutes per pound Allow to rest for at least 3 minutes after cooking to a minimum internal temperature of 145 F. 10 to 14 pounds. whole, bone-in 18 to 20 minutes per pound
How long does it take to cook a 12 pound spiral ham
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the box and, if your ham has a small plastic disc stuck to the bottom of the bone, remove it and throw it away. Place the cut side of the ham in a small roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350F and bake ham for 13-16 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 140F.
In a crockpot, how long does it take to heat a spiral ham
Cooking ham in a crock pot over low heat takes about 3-4 hours. By placing a thermometer into the thickest part of the ham, you can ensure that the ham is fully cooked. At least 140 degrees Fahrenheit must be read on the thermometer.
How long does it take to cook a 13 pound ham
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and set aside for 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Select the glaze you want to use.
- For Apple-Maple Glaze, reduce apple cider to 1/2 cup in a saucepan over medium-high heat, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add apple jelly, maple syrup, mustard, allspice, and nutmeg, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, orange zest, and juice for Mustard-Orange Glaze.
- To make Hoisin-Spice Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, roast the five-spice powder for 1 minute in peanut oil. 1 cup water, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce 5 minutes after boiling, reduce to 1 1/2 cups.
- To make the Pineapple-Apricot Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a saucepan, combine lime juice, ginger, and pineapple juice. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Once strained, combine lime zest, preserved apricots, and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove excess skin from the ham. Score the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with a sharp paring knife without cutting the meat. Place the cloves (if using) at the junction of the ham pieces (if using).
- In a roasting pan, place the ham flat-sided on a rack. Pour 1/4 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 130F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the half glaze over the ham to coat it. Add extra water if the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated.
- Return the ham to the oven and continue baking for another 45 minutes, brushing every 10 minutes with the remaining glaze.
How long does it take to cook an 11 pound spiral ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange zest, 1/4 cup orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up enough aluminum foil to wrap around the ham completely and place it in the center. Peel back layers of ham and insert sprigs of thyme between each layer of spirals. Pour half the glaze over the ham slices and let it soak. Wrap the ham tightly in foil and place it on the rack in the roasting pan. Fill a pot halfway with water and bake for 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the remaining half of the glaze to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir until small bubbles appear everywhere. As the glaze sits, it will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Carefully peel back the aluminum foil from the top using tongs, leaving the foil on the sides and under the ham to catch the glaze and juices. Cover the ham with the remaining glaze and return to the oven, uncovered, for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool before cutting.
How can you tell how long it will take to cook ham
We’ll be happy to explain the arithmetic we use to find out how long to roast ham if you’re interested. It is based on one formula. The following formula can be used to determine how long to cook ham:
Please note that we use calculations in our ham cooking time calculator which are based on the average number of minutes it takes for a pound of a particular type of meat to cook. Since this time is usually in the five minute range, slight deviations from your calculation results may occur.
A pound of pre-cooked boneless smoked ham, for example, takes 35 to 40 minutes to prepare. This shows that cooking a pound of these cuts takes an average of (35 + 40)/2 = 37.5 minutes. Let’s say we’re cooking a pound and a half of meat. 1.5 * 37.5 = 56.25 minutes will be required. Of course, in the state of your home kitchen, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to get it down to a fraction of a minute, but “approximately 56 minutes” should suffice. The exact time depends on your oven, which has its own “personality,” so the answer to the question of how long to bake ham will be approximate in most circumstances.
Of course, if you’re a professional chef or food scientist with access to technology that lets you schedule your cooking in seconds, go for it! We can’t help but question what you’re doing here as a professional.
It’s also a good idea to calibrate your oven if you care about precision. Electric ovens often display a slightly different temperature than the actual inside temperature, which can affect cooking times.
A table with more accurate information on how long to cook ham can be found at the end of this page.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound Smithfield spiral ham
Preheat oven to 325F. Remove all contents of the package and place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up; cover loosely with aluminum foil. 2. Heat for 15 to 20 minutes per pound until cooked through.