How Long to Cook a Whole Boneless Ham?
- Place the ham in a large enough pan after removing it from the package. Fill a plate of ham with water.
- Use foil or a lid to cover the plate. Give the ham an hour to cook, or 15 minutes per pound, under the cover.
- The ham will now be thoroughly heated, and since it’s done, you can stop there. But adding glaze is much preferable.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and a pinch of salt to make a glaze.
- Remove the ham from the oven and drain the water. A third of the glaze mixture should be used to brush the top and sides of the ham.
- For 10 minutes, re-roast the ham in the oven with the door open. After removing it from the oven, apply another third of the glaze. It should spend another 10 minutes in the oven. After removing it from the oven, drizzle in the last third of the glaze. Opened, bake for another ten minutes.
- Before slicing and serving, remove the ham from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes.
How long should you cook boneless ham per pound
Set the oven to 325F. Place the ham on a baking sheet with the edges and fill the pan with 3/4 cup water. Heat the ham for 15 minutes per pound under a tight-fitting foil cover.
How long does 10 pounds of boneless ham take to cook
oven to 325F for preheating. In a shallow roasting pan, arrange the ham on a rack. Allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound for an entire 10 to 15 pound ham, 20 minutes per pound for a half ham (5 to 7 pounds), and 35 minutes per pound for calves or buttocks (3 to 4 pounds). Cook uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 160F under all circumstances. About 30 minutes before you’re done, take the ham out of the oven and coat it according to the directions below for an attractive and quick finish.
How long does 10 pounds of cooked ham take to cook
Cooking Temperature and Time for Cooked Ham and Bones: If the ham is half a ham and weighs between 5 and 7 pounds, it should be heated at 325F for 18 to 24 minutes per pound. Heat a whole ham that weighs between 10 and 14 pounds at 325F for 15 to 18 minutes per pound.
How long should a 13 pound ham take to cook
- After about 30 minutes, remove the ham from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Choose your glaze and set it up.
- For the Apple-Maple Glaze, boil the apple cider for 8 to 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1/2 cup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and combine mustard, allspice, nutmeg, and apple jelly.
- Brown sugar, mustard, orange zest, and juice should be combined in a bowl for the mustard-orange glaze.
- Hoisin spice glaze: In a small saucepan with peanut oil over medium heat, roast the five spice powder for about a minute. Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, and one cup of water. It takes about 5 minutes to boil and reduces to 1 1/2 cups.
- With regards to the pineapple-apricot glaze: Ginger and pineapple juice should be added to the lime juice in the skillet. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Add lime zest, preserved apricots, and mustard after straining.
- oven to 325F for preheating. Remove excess ham skin. Without cutting the meat, make a pattern of diagonal stripes across the fat with a sharp paring knife. If using, place the cloves in the ham at the point where the pieces meet.
- Place the ham on the rack in the roasting pan with the flat side up. Fill the bottom of the pot with 1/4 inch of water. Transfer to the oven, and bake for 2 hours and 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham shows 130F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- To 425F, increase oven temperature. Brush the ham with the glaze after pouring half over it. Add extra water if the liquid in the bottom of the pan has evaporated.
- The ham should bake for another 45 minutes, brushing with the remaining glaze every 10 minutes, until glossy and browned.
How long does an 8 pound boneless ham take to cook
How to Prepare 8 pound boneless ham slices
- Set the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small roasting pan, place the ham flat side down.
- The ham should bake for about two hours, or 15 minutes per pound.
- If desired, spread the ham halfway through the cooking process.
How should an 8 pound boneless ham be prepared
- oven to 325 degrees. At the bottom of the oven, place a rack.
- When figuring out how long to roast a fully cooked ham, allow 20 minutes per pound.
- For example, cook ham for 2 hours 40 minutes if it weighs 8 pounds.
- A properly cooked half of a ham will weigh between 3 and 4 pounds.
- A 3 pound ham will take 1 hour to cook.
- In a small roasting pan, add the ham.
- On top of the ham, place the whole cloves at 2-inch intervals.
- Plan to apply the cooked ham glaze 30 minutes before the ham is finished baking after you have set your roasting time.
- When a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees when placed in the thickest part of the meat, the ham is done.
- Remove the cooked ham to a plate, cover with aluminum foil, and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep in mind that while the meat is resting, its internal temperature will rise by 5 degrees.
A completely ready 12 pound ham should be cooked for how long
Place the baking sheet with the ham in it in the oven. Calculate how long it will take the ham to cook. It takes about three and a half to four hours to roast a 12 pound ham, or 18 to 20 minutes per pound. Start taking interior temperature readings as early as possible.
At what temperature should a 12 pound ham be cooked
325 degrees Fahrenheit should be the temperature of the preheated oven. For 30 minutes, roast your ham in the open air. For whole hams, allow 1518 minutes per pound, and for half hams, allow 1824 minutes per pound.
How long does a 14 pound ham take to cook
Depending on the size, the cooking time of fresh ham can vary greatly. A 1216 pound bone ham takes 2226 minutes per pound in a 325 oven. It takes 24-28 minutes per pound for a 1014 pound boneless ham. A 5-8 pound bone-in ham takes 35 to 40 minutes, too.
How long does it take to cook ham
We’ll be happy to explain the arithmetic we use to determine how long to bake ham if you’re curious. It is based on a single simple equation. You’ll need the following formula to determine how long to cook ham:
Note that we use an equation in our ham cooking time calculator that is based on the typical time it takes for one pound of a particular type of meat to cook. Since this time is often between one and five minutes, the results of your calculations may vary slightly from reality.
For example, it takes 35 to 40 minutes to cook a pound of boneless ham rolls that must be cooked before consumption. So, the average cooking time for a pound of this particular cut is (35 + 40) / 2 = 37.5 minutes. Imagine we want to cook a pound and a half of meat. We need 56.25 minutes, or 1.5 times 37.5. It’s perfectly acceptable to stick with “approximately 56 minutes” as it’s obviously impossible to make it right in your own kitchen conditions. The exact amount of time will also depend on your oven as they all have different “personalities”, therefore the answer to the question of how long to bake ham is usually approximate.
Naturally, we advise you to give it a try if you are a professional chef or food scientist and have access to technology that allows you to time your cooking to the last millisecond. However, we can’t help but wonder why a professional like you is here.
Also, calibrating your oven may be a smart idea if you put accuracy first. Electric ovens sometimes display a slightly different temperature than the inside temperature, which can affect the cooking time.
You can find a table with more specific instructions on how long to cook ham at the end of this post.