How Long To Heat 11 Lb Spiral Ham?
Spiral-cut hams usually weigh between 8 and 11 pounds and are pre-cooked (make sure your package says pre-cooked). This means that when cooking ham, all you need to do is heat it. The easiest way to do this is to cook it at a low temperature so that the outside doesn’t dry out before the inside is heated.
Use a meat thermometer to reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit and don’t overcook the spiral ham to prevent it from drying out. I usually take it out around 135F and monitor the temperature with a thermometer until it reaches 140F.
The length of time it will take to cook spiral ham depends on its size, but plan for about 13-16 minutes per pound at 250F, uncovered. If your ham cooks early, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly to prevent it from overcooking. Cover with foil once it has cooled a bit and wait for it to cut until ready to serve.
Glass Spiral Ham
If you’re coating your ham, such as when making a homemade honey-roasted ham replica, do so at the end so it doesn’t burn. I always opt for a simple homemade glaze over the glaze that comes with my ham.
Just apply for the last 20 minutes of cooking. To make the glaze nice and gooey, I occasionally turn on the oven or place it under the broiler for a few minutes.
Our Favorite Glaze Recipes:
- Ham Glaze with Brown Sugar
- Ham with Rosemary Balsamic Glaze
- Easy-to-apply glaze:
- brown sugar, 2/3 cup
- quarter cup juice (orange or pineapple is great)
- 2 tbsp mustard (dijon)
How long does it take to cook an 11 pound spiral ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange zest, 1/4 cup orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up enough aluminum foil to wrap around the ham completely and place it in the center. Peel back layers of ham and insert sprigs of thyme between each layer of spirals. Pour half the glaze over the ham slices and let it soak. Wrap the ham tightly in foil and place it on the rack in the roasting pan. Fill a pot halfway with water and bake for 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the remaining half of the glaze to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir until small bubbles appear everywhere. As the glaze sits, it will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Carefully peel back the aluminum foil from the top using tongs, leaving the foil on the sides and under the ham to catch the glaze and juices. Cover the ham with the remaining glaze and return to the oven, uncovered, for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool before cutting.
How long should an 11 pound cooked ham take to cook
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and set aside for 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Select the glaze you want to use.
- For Apple-Maple Glaze, reduce apple cider to 1/2 cup in a saucepan over medium-high heat, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add apple jelly, maple syrup, mustard, allspice, and nutmeg, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, orange zest, and juice for Mustard-Orange Glaze.
- To make Hoisin-Spice Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, roast the five-spice powder for 1 minute in peanut oil. 1 cup water, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce 5 minutes after boiling, reduce to 1 1/2 cups.
- To make the Pineapple-Apricot Glaze, combine the following ingredients in a small bowl. In a saucepan, combine lime juice, ginger, and pineapple juice. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup. Once strained, combine lime zest, preserved apricots, and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove excess skin from the ham. Score the fat in a diagonal crosshatch pattern with a sharp paring knife without cutting the meat. Place the cloves (if using) at the junction of the ham pieces (if using).
- In a roasting pan, place the ham flat-sided on a rack. Pour 1/4 inch of water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 130F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the half glaze over the ham to coat it. Add extra water if the water in the bottom of the pan has evaporated.
- Return the ham to the oven and continue baking for another 45 minutes, brushing every 10 minutes with the remaining glaze.
How long do you heat cooked spiral ham
Cover the entire ham or halves with thick aluminum foil and heat at 325 F for about 10 minutes per pound to reheat the spiral-sliced ham in a standard oven. Individual slices can be reheated in the microwave or in a skillet.
How long does it take to warm a perfectly cooked 10 pound spiral ham
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the chopped ham on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
How long does a 10 pound spiral ham take to cook at 350 degrees
How long does it take to bake ham? Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
When cooking spiral ham, should you cover it
Cover the ham until it’s ready to eat, and leave the rest of the ham covered to keep it juicy. Once you’ve removed the ham from the oven, brush it with the juice a few times. This will help your ham retain its moisture. Just before removing the slices to place on a serving plate, grease them.
Is it better to roast ham at 325F or 350F
The ideal oven temperature for cooking ham is 325 degrees Fahrenheit. The USDA provides detailed advice on how long cooked ham should be cooked. This guide provides instructions on how to prepare it fresh, as well as a recommended temperature of 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, it is possible to cook ham at 350F. However, at higher temperatures, it will take a different amount of time.
Is it possible to cook spiral ham at 350 degrees
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the ham from its packaging and place it on a rack in a roasting pan half filled with water, apple juice, or lemon/lime soda. Put in the oven, cover with foil. Heat to an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit using a meat thermometer.
How long does 10 pounds of cooked ham take to cook
Cooking Temperature and Time for Cooked Ham with Bones: If the ham is half a ham weighing 5 to 7 pounds, it should be heated at 325F for 18-24 minutes per pound. Heat the ham at 325F for 15-18 minutes per pound if the full ham weighs 10 to 14 pounds.