How To Cook Ham In A Slow Cooker With Coke?
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and mustard. Remove from the equation.
- If desired, coat or grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray or oil. Remove the ham from its packaging, remove the glaze container, and place the ham in the slow cooker. Perfect when it fits on the side. If you don’t have a cutting board, place the cut side down.
- In the slow cooker, pour the coke over the ham. Then massage the ham with the sugar/mustard mixture. Cover.
- Cook the ham over low heat for 4-6 hours, or until it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush some of the cooking liquid from the bottom of the slow cooker over the ham with a brush.
- Carefully transfer the ham to a serving plate. Since the ham is so soft at this time, it’s easier to do it with two people. Use a little more coca-cola mustard glaze to finish.
- Warm up and enjoy!
What’s the best way to prepare ham with Coke
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown sugar all over the ham slices, making sure to include it between the slices.
- Over the ham, pour a can of Coca-Cola.
- Bake for 90 minutes with the ham covered, brushing every 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the ham is caramelized and browned.
Does Coke really soften ham
The Bourbon and Coke Glazed Ham is one of the tastiest hams you will ever have, and is ideal for Easter. This ham is full of southern flavors. To start, place the ham in a large saucepan with the onions and Coca-Cola to taste. It cooks for about an hour, with the coke softened and seasoning.
Why do people include Coke in their gammon
The slow cooker gammon with coke may seem unusual at first, but believe me when I say it’s amazing! The amazing sweetness of the cola balances the salinity of the ham, resulting in a delicious and tender cut of meat.
I was a little skeptical about how this would come out the first time we cooked it. It seems too simple to be tasty. But it’s the simplicity of the dish that now intrigues me.
It’s special enough to serve as a substitute for a Sunday roast or on a special occasion, yet so simple that I know I won’t be toiling on the stove for hours on end. In fact, it’s so simple that it’s ideal for both kids and novice cooks.
We like to finish with a sticky honey glaze and bake it for half an hour in the oven. It removes grease well, and the honey mustard glaze adds another delightful flavor bite that my kids enjoy.
Glaze, on the other hand, is optional. Delicious ham straight from the slow cooker.
How long do you cook slow cooker gammon?
Your gammon will be ready in 3-4 hours if you use the high setting in your slow cooker. On low settings, this will take closer to 6-7 hours. If you’re traveling, such as at work, you can leave the gammon out longer and it won’t dry out.
Of course, the length of time it will take to cook your gammon joint will depend on its size. If the coke you are using is cold, it will take longer. To save time, we store them at room temperature before putting them in the slow cooker.
What does slow cooker gammon taste like in coke?
It might sound weird, but gammon in coke is actually pretty good. The sweetness of the coke counters the saltiness of the roasted ham. The honey mustard glaze adds that final sweet touch that even my picky eater loves.
Can you cook gammon in diet coke?
Yes. Since gammon is only cooked in the coke and not the sauce, it doesn’t matter if you use regular coke, diet coke, or another brand of cola.
What meat should I use?
I prefer unsmoked gammon to smoked gammon, although both will work. If you have smoked gammon joints, you should remove the saltiness by boiling them in water for half an hour before putting them in the slow cooker.
What can I make with leftover gammon?
If you have leftovers, they will last a few days in the fridge. Leftover cold ham is great for sandwiches or salads.
Alternatively, try our creamy chicken or chicken and ham pie crust, or add ham to spaghetti.
How can children help make slow-cooked gammon?
My kids were blown away by how easy it was to pour all the coke over the meat. They really enjoy preparing the glaze and applying it to the meat at the end.
My kids couldn’t even handle the hot cooked ham or carve out score marks.
What’s the best way to prepare gammon with Coke
- 2kg gammon
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- Coca-Cola 2 liters (NOT diet)
- 1 handful of garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon black treacle
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 2 tbsp sugar (demerara)
Is it possible to bake ham with Coke
In a bowl, combine enough brown sugar and cola to dissolve the sugar and create a thick glaze. Place the ham on the baking sheet and drizzle the glaze over it. Pour the remaining cola into the bottom of the pan. Bake the ham for 2 hours in the preheated oven, brushing with glaze occasionally.
What’s Gammon on Coke like
It may sound unusual to cook gammon with coke, but it tastes great. As you might think, the end result isn’t too sweet. Since coke is slightly acidic, it helps balance the taste of the gammon and brings out its inherent nuances. It just enhances the gammon taste. It also aids in the breakdown of meat, resulting in very smooth meat.
If you prefer a sweeter gammon, you can always reduce the coke to a glaze after the grill has finished cooking. Then, to give the gammon a real coke taste, spread the glaze on top and bake for a few minutes in the oven. Or, you can simply discard the liquid and serve the gammon with a traditional sauce.
Is it possible to replace Pepsi with Coke when making ham
Assume one pound of bone-in ham per person. Is it possible to replace Pepsi with Coke? Yes, any dark cola, like Pepsi or Dr. Pepper, can be used to make this ham.
How long should ham be cooked in a slow cooker
We have gathered all the necessary materials. You won’t believe how simple it is to prepare your Christmas meal using just a crockpot to bake ham!
Slow Cook Ham
- Remove the ham from its packaging, remove the plastic cap, glaze, or flavor packet.
- In the bottom of a large slow cooker, pour the pineapple juice.
- To make a paste, combine brown sugar, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Cover the ham with the brown sugar mixture. In your slow cooker, place the ham flat side down.
- Set the crockpot to LOW and close. Cook for 4 to 6 hours, or until the meat is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can flip and baste the ham halfway through the cooking period, then about an hour before cooking, if desired. This step, however, is optional.
Remove the ham from the oven and place on a plate, covered with foil to keep warm.
- Remove the fat and transfer the liquid to the pan from the crockpot. Bring the liquid to a boil in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Stir the cornstarch into the water with a fork in a small bowl until smooth. While stirring, slowly add the porridge to the pot of simmering ham juice. Allow a minute or two for the liquid to boil and thicken, stirring occasionally. (If you want a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch solution and mix.)
- Slice your slow cooker ham and serve warm after resting for about 15 minutes. Serve glaze on the side or spoon on top.
Is it possible to cook gammon in Coke Zero
Place the gammon in the slow cooker after removing it from the water. In a slow cooker, combine onions, carrots, pepper, cinnamon, and Diet Coke/Coke Zero. Cook on low heat for 68 hours.
What effect does putting Coke have on the ham
Cakes, brownies, puddings, and sauces all contain Coca-Cola. We use it to season meatballs and ribs. My favorite Coca-Cola recipe is the traditional Coca-Cola Baked Ham. The savory-sweet ham layer made by cooking ham in Coke caramelizes the edges of the spiral ham slices while keeping the slices moist and tender.