How to Heat a Fully Cooked Spiral Ham?
Cover the entire ham or halves with thick aluminum foil and heat at 325 F for about 10 minutes per pound to reheat the spiral-sliced ham in a standard oven. Individual slices can be reheated in the microwave or in a skillet.
What’s the best way to reheat spiral ham without drying it out
Spiral ham can be reheated by wrapping it securely in aluminum foil and baking it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove the aluminum foil and cover with plastic wrap if you want to reheat it in the microwave. Continue on high mode for 1 minute, then turn the plate and heat at 1 minute intervals until reheated.
How long should a cooked spiral ham be heated and at what temperature
- Cooking instructions can be found on the label. Either “fully cooked” or “cook before eating” must be on the label.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking dish, place the ham on a rack and pour about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.
- If the ham is labeled “perfectly cooked” (meaning it doesn’t need to be reheated), preheat it in the oven for about 10 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 140 degrees F.
- Place the spirally sliced ham strips on a sheet of heavy-duty foil to heat. Wrap the ham tightly in foil and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer is placed into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone, recording 140 degrees.
- If the ham is labeled “cook before eating,” heat it to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit in an oven set no lower than 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the ham in a large slow cooker with about 1 cup ginger ale, cola, stock, or water if available. Heat the ham on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until it reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit for a “cooked” ham or 145 degrees Fahrenheit for a “cooked before eating” ham.
What’s the best way to reheat cooked ham without drying out
This ham is very cold, but the instructions for heating it are usually on the package. Place the cut ham side down on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 135F. Before serving, remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. If the ham came with an extra glaze, add it and cook according to package recommendations. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
How long does it take to cook a pre-cooked spiral ham
- This ham is very cold, but the packaging includes instructions for reheating it. Place the cut ham side down on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Alternatively, use an oven toaster bag and prepare according to the bag’s instructions. Bake for 10-14 minutes per pound in the preheated 325F oven, or until the meat thermometer reaches 140F. Turn the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, brush the ham with the glaze, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze is golden and bubbling. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. It has a wonderful sweet taste and an ideal texture.
How long does it take to cook a 9 pound spiral ham
- Collect ham. Remove all packaging, including the plastic disc at the bottom of the ham, if you are wondering how to cook spiral ham. Cover the roasted spiral ham tightly with foil or a lid in a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish or similar shallow roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or about 10 minutes per pound of ham.
- Prepare the glaze.
- Combine brown sugar, honey, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a quick boil, stirring frequently, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the ham is cooked, glaze it.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes before brushing or pouring the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To finish, return to the oven.
- Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for another 20 minutes, or until the glaze is slightly crisp and the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Remove the ham from the oven when the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F at its thickest.
- Let it rest.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing the ham.
- Just before serving, spoon the liquid over the ham.
Is it necessary to cover the spiral ham while it is cooking
Cover loosely with foil and place the spiral ham slices under the lemons. Bake the ham until warm, about 10 minutes per pound. The spiral ham is fully cooked (so you can even serve it chilled if you prefer).
Is it possible to cook spiral ham at 350 degrees
How long does it take to bake ham? Spiral sliced ham should be heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit in about 10-15 minutes per pound. We preheat the oven to 350 degrees and estimate that nearly 10 pounds of ham will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to cook.
How long does it take to cook a 10 pound Smithfield spiral ham
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a shallow roasting pan.
- Half and quarter ham should be cooked evenly (face down). Cook the whole ham with the fat side up.
- The aluminum foil should be wrapped tightly around the pan.
- Bake at 275F for 15 minutes per pound, or until cooked through (see chart).
- Make sure you don’t overcook! Remove the ham from the oven and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
If you want to add glass, follow the additional glass instructions. And, to make sure your ham is roasted to perfection, use this handy formula to determine cooking times based on the size and weight of your ham. It’s very important not to overcook the ham in the oven, or it will become dry instead of runny. So watch the video, double-check your chart, and serve up an amazing spiral-sliced ham every time.
What’s the best way to cook Smithfield spiral ham without drying out
- Refrigerate the ham for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the glaze to low heat and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush about 1/2 of the glaze over the ham and place the cut side down in a large roasting pan.
- Wrap securely in foil or cover with a grill lid.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes per pound, or until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees Fahrenheit (the ham will continue to cook to a final temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit once removed from the oven).
- Remove the foil from the ham and remove from the oven.
- Brush the remaining glaze all over the ham, making sure to get between the slices.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, wrap loosely in foil, and set aside for 15 minutes before serving.
How long does 10 pounds of cooked ham take to cook
Cooking Temperature and Time for Cooked Ham with Bones: If the ham is half a ham weighing 5 to 7 pounds, it should be heated at 325F for 18-24 minutes per pound. Heat the ham at 325F for 15-18 minutes per pound if the full ham weighs 10 to 14 pounds.