What To Do With Leftover Ham And Mashed Potatoes?
1 package (2.8 ounces) French fried onions, divided
What can I do with leftover mashed potatoes and ham
You’ll want to make special mashed potatoes to make these potato cakes because they taste amazing. The best way to use leftover mashed potatoes and ham is to make potato cakes. These potato cakes have a great combination of ham, cheese, and scallion flavors, and are easy to make in under 30 minutes. Cook the mashed potato cakes on a nonstick skillet with a little oil to get a nice crisp on the outside while keeping the center soft and smooth.
Of course, this potato cake wouldn’t be complete without soft and delicious mashed potatoes. This recipe can be used to make Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes or make delicious Mashed Potatoes on the stove.
What can you do with leftover mashed potatoes
Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes in 26 Different Ways
- Cake made with mashed potatoes.
- Mashed Potato Muffin with Leftovers
- Dumplings with turkey and potatoes.
- Squeak and Bubble
- Waffles made with leftover mashed potatoes.
- Casserole with Mashed Potatoes Broccoli Cheese
How to reheat mashed potatoes that have been sitting for a long time
The timing of this method will vary depending on your microwave and how much mashed potatoes you heat. Microwave your potatoes for one minute in a microwave-safe bowl, then stir. Microwave the potatoes in 30 second increments until completely warm.
Remember that a little extra butter or giblet sauce on top of any of these will do wonders for reviving your leftover mashed potatoes. After the holidays, learn how to reheat turkey and serve it with your potatoes as a side dish to top off your Thanksgiving leftovers.
How long can you store leftover mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes, which top our Thanksgiving side dish rankings, are often cooked with cream and butter. Mashed potatoes should be refrigerated and used within four days, according to food safety specialists with the USDA’s Meat and Poultry Hotline. Mashed potatoes are safe to eat if stored in the freezer at 0 degrees F at all times, but they can deteriorate in quality.
What’s a good side dish of ham
Scalloped potatoes, while we’re discussing potatoes, are another delicious option. Thin slices of red or gold potato, a delicious creamy sauce cooked with onions, mustard, and nutmeg, and, perhaps, lots of cheese make this casserole.
It looks and tastes as if you’re trying hard, but it’s actually a pretty basic dish. It will be ready in no time if you use a mandolin to slice the potatoes.
Is it possible to freeze mashed potatoes
Knowing which recipes can be precooked and frozen is part of a stress-free meal planning strategy, whether for casual dinners or holiday parties. While mashed potatoes are easy to prepare, they take time to prepare and take up space. While most cooks like to make mashed potatoes fresh, they can be made ahead of time and frozen until needed.
What can I do with the leftover turkey and mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine turkey, carrots, celery, onion, bay leaf, and thyme in a large saucepan. Place the saucepan over high heat and pour in the chicken stock. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced slightly. Remove the bay leaf. Remove the pan from the heat and add the peas.
- Place turkey mixture on a baking sheet in a deep pie plate or shallow casserole dish. Using the back of a spoon, make an equal layer of mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, on a baking sheet.
- Serve the pie with a packaged green salad as a side dish.
How long can mashed potatoes be stored in the refrigerator
It’s pretty simple to prepare too much mashed potatoes because it’s hard to know how much to use. Luckily, you can store leftover mashed potatoes in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days to extend their shelf life. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 12 months.
What’s the best way to make mashed potato cakes
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour, onions, eggs, black pepper, and salt until a dough consistency is reached.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Drop the dough 4 inches into the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes per side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels after removing with a slotted spoon.
How can you recreate the taste of leftover mashed potatoes
Another advantage of leftover mashed potatoes is that they can be used as a blank canvas to which you can add other ingredients. Add a generous amount of grated parmesan and crushed black pepper, or mix with sour cream, minced garlic, and scallions. You will never get bored with them because there are so many ways to spice them up.